Buyer's Advantage ~ Connecticut Shoreline
Welcome to the top online resource for buying a home in all of Connecticut. Here you can find extensive information on top communities and neighborhoods; research all available homes for sale from Stonington to Branford to Colchester and get connected with some of the top real estate agents in the region. If you are new to the home buying process, please request a complimentary "Top Ten List ~ Buyers Beware" of things to remember when you are buying a home.
1. Get Pre-qualified
Seaport Real Estate Group works with the most competitive Lenders and Mortgage Bankers in the region. They consistently deliver outstanding service and exceptional results to our clients. If you would like to get pre-approved by the best professionals in the industry, please complete the form below and we will put you in touch with our trusted banking partners.
2. Get Educated
If you are considering a move to the Connecticut Shoreline, request a Relocation Resource Guide to the area’s top attractions and we will send you a link to the regions top online resources based on your needs. Next, use Seaport Real Estate Group Neighborhood Guide to see a breakout of the most popular neighborhoods from Branford to Stonington, the schools they are aligned with, statistics on home sales and all available homes for sale. If you need to research schools, use our Schools Guide to see a list of all area School Districts, individual schools and available homes aligned with each school.
3. Research Homes for Sale in Southeastern Connecticut
Our powerful Connecticut Shoreline home search solution allows you to search through all available Connecticut homes the way you want to search: by City, Waterfront Community, Zip Code, Map, School Directory, & Subdivision. Once you choose an area, we make it easy to find foreclosures or short sales, waterfront homes, homes on acreage, homes with pools, homes in gated communities, homes with a view and much more. In addition to normal price, bedrooms, baths, etc., we show you all the details that others hide: days on market, amount reduced, price per square foot, property tax rate, estimated property tax amount, property tax exemptions, HOA dues and Elementary, Middle and High School alignment. We link listings to Google Maps where you can see a Satellite Map and Street level view. Plus, we provide up to 25 high resolution photos, a virtual tour when available, and detailed neighborhood demographics. You can easily save your search, keep track of your favorites and have the newest homes for sale that meet your criteria emailed to you daily.
4. Get Representation
There is so much more to hiring a buyer's agent than getting access to real estate and a chauffeur to show you around. While it is possible to buy a home without an agent, the experience often proves to be more challenging than many expect. We've listed our top 3 reasons below:
1. Representation: Unless you are buying a property that is for sale by owner, the seller has professional representation on their side. By negotiating directly with the sellers agent you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage since their agent is legally bound to share everything you tell them in order to get the best deal for their client. You wouldn't go into a courtroom without a lawyer, so why risk the biggest purchase in your life in buying a home without representation.
2. Information: Most professionals will determine the value of a home by analyzing the prices at which similar homes recently sold in the same neighborhood. But what if there are no recent sales in that same neighborhood? Our group utilizes 5 different approaches to value so that you are able to make the most informed decision possible. This data is independently verified by our group of professionally trained researchers who are working on your behalf. Watch a quick video showing how the Seaport Real Estate Advantage can help you accomplish your goals.
3. Experience: Most brokerage firms will tell you that an “experienced Buyer's Agent is working for you and their primary job is to keep you from making a mistake.” Our agents utilize our research and proprietary databases to help you spot properties that are the most desirable, priced the best, and have sellers who have equity in their homes and can negotiate price. The knowledge our agents gain from working with so many clients throughout their career is invaluable when it comes to helping you pick the right house, on the right street, in the right neighborhood. This experience also comes into play when they are negotiating on your behalf as they often have intimate knowledge of the pros and cons of similar homes that recently sold. Once you are under contract to purchase a home, your buyer's agent will help you locate a great inspector, negotiate repairs with the seller, get estimates from trustworthy contractors and obtain financing from the most reputable lenders.
5. Best Buys ~ Understand Your Buying Options Like Never Before
Seaport Real Estate Group can provide you with the competitive advantage you have been looking for. When you become a client you will have access to powerful tools and resources only provided by our group. One example of this would be, when you are looking for a home in a certain price range and geographic location, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of properties that will tell you... which properties are underpriced, well priced, overpriced and unsaleable. This will save you time, stress and heartache. Our exclusive tools provide useful information that keep our clients informed, save our clients time, money and help them find the property they are looking for at the best price possible. Read our recent blog post on this topic.
6. Find Your New Home
Once you have been pre-qualified by a lender, narrowed down your home search and retained a buyer's agent, it is time to get in the car and go look at some homes. For most people, this is the fun part, and it should be. Buying a home is most important purchase most people make in their lifetime. Having an experienced professional in your corner will save you time, give you peace of mind and very likely save you a great deal of money.
When you're ready to get professional representation, fill out the form below and we will match you with the perfect agent.
Buyer Specialist Request Form
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.