AUCTION: The Agent's Secret WeaponDesigned to Give Agents a Competitive Edge.
Auction is a proven solution recently added to the cache of services offered at Seaport. Rooted within an Advisory Approach, the Auction method introduces an alternative solution that gives agents a Plan B, especially when time is of the essence.
Your Marketing Solution
- A creative idea that empowers you to bring new solutions to your clients.
- Systematically solve problems that deliver results.
- Become an asset to clients that grows your reputation as a valuable resource.
- Create the most valuable source of lead generation: REFERRALS.
- Ultimately, gain the satisfaction of getting paid for a job well done.
- Sift, Sort & Select the type of clients you choose to work with.
Q. What types of properties do you help sell?
A. All candidates, Residential or Commercial that meet the Two-thirds Rule criteria. Each potential applicant is properly vetted to identify Auction as the proper course of action. This typically serves as a means of providing Sellers (and their agents), a Plan B that circumvents the trappings of traditional brokerage.
Q. How will auction benefit me?
A. Benefits to a Realtor
- Generates a list of ready, qualified buyers
- Offers clients and customers new selling and purchasing options
- Increases revenue and market share
- Develops your own market niche
- Assurance that property will be sold at true market value
- Property is sold within a relatively short period of time
- Exposes the property to many potential purchasers
- Auctions bring people in to look at all your listings, not just the auction listing
- Successful auctions result in referrals and return business
- Agents can earn commissions as referring agent/broker, cooperating agent/broker, or as the listing agent/broker
Q. Will I still receive a commission when Auction is used for my client?
A. Yes. You continue to represent your client. Seaport facilitates the Auction proceeding, enabling you to provide your client a fresh solution and still receive your commission.
Q. How long does the Auction process take?
A. Once the necessary due diligence is performed, the process is typically completed within 30-45 days to closing.
Q. What is the agent’s role in the Auction process?
A. The agent maintains the same relationship with their client. Seaport facilitates the Auction process on behalf of the agent. The agent remains the conduit to their client, in service to the original contracted listing agreement. Seaport’s mission is centered around empowering agents to deliver results to their clients.
Q. What type of clients, or properties, are right for Auction?
A. The rule of thumb to determine if Auction is the best marketing strategy is the Two-Thirds Rule. This involves analysis of the market, property and seller situation. Generally, if two of the three parts (market, seller, property) lean towards auction, then auction should be offered to the seller as a sales option.
Suitable Auction candidates exist in scenarios that offer attractive opportunities related to the Price/Value of the individual property, favorable market conditions conducive to this method of sale, all confirmed by the specific needs and preferences of the seller’s current situation. The proper analysis is a subjective approach that factors in all concerns and checks off at least 2 of these 3 boxes.